Monday, November 3, 2014

Warm weather brings outside work...

I could not have done this build without great family and friends. We've been blessed with great help. I've spent countless hours with me and my dog Kitty or my boys but a great deal of work has been accomplished by close friends and family. To this point the pros I've had we're for the basement concrete floor, spray foam company and I did hire a crew to lay the shingles to help get me weathered in. I hung all the sheathing but winter came fast so I had to sub the shingle install out. Everything else has been me and my crew and the quality is top notch and in most cases superior to the pros. Not to say the pros can't do the quality I expect but I know they can't the time it takes because they would be broke and I completely understand that. Pros can save people time and even money over doing it yourself sometimes. We are blessed in the fact that between our family and friends we have professional HVAC, electrical, plumbing, and contractors provided me great counsel and assistance. After the winter broke I hired my next pro.....a brick mason. No brick mason's in my crew. My wife and searched forever it seemed on a brick choice and finally decided on one. We originally wanted stucco but the stucco estimates we received were extremely high in price. The ICF process is suppose to make stucco more cost effective but in my neck of the woods I don't think our stucco people received that memo, so we chose brick.

No comments:

Post a Comment